Need help with your family and/or personal situation?

If you are in crisis now call Lifeline 0800 543 345


Several services and organisations in New Zealand can provide support. Please click on the links below to access websites that offer information and support on a range of issues.

Please note that the links below are to New Zealand-based websites. These services may not be available if you are not in New Zealand. You can, however, use these links to get an idea of support services you might wish to access in your country of residence.

Service Directories – directories of health and social service providers

Family Services Directory


Ministry of Health

General Support

Citizens Advice Bureau

Lifeline Aotearoa – 24 hour telephone counselling

Victim Support

Families and Relationships

Directory of Family Services

Ministry of Justice/Family Court

Ministry for Vulnerable Children, Oranga Tamaraki


Stand Children’s Services



Carers New Zealand

Salvation Army

Grandparents Raising Grandchildren

Family Violence

New Zealand Police

Women’s Refuge

It’s not ok


Sexual Assault Support Centre Directory

Stopping Violence Services

Alcohol, Drugs and Gambling

Alcoholics Anonymous

Care NZ

Ministry of Health


Salvation Army Bridge and Oasis

Health Promotion Agency

Gambling Helpline

Problem Gambling Foundation of New Zealand

Smokefree Aotearoa

Finances and Budgeting


Work and Income

Government Departments/Agencies

Ministry of Social Development

Ministry for Vulnerable Children, Oranga Tamaraki

Ministry of Justice/Family Court

Office of the Children’s Commissioner

Work and Income

Depression and Mental Health

Webhealth: Mental wellbeing

Mental Health Foundation

The Lowdown


Ministry of Health

New Zealand Federation of Disability Information Centres

CCS Disability Action



Sands New Zealand

Need help?

With the survey?
If you need help completing the survey we are happy to help. Phone us on 0800-4-PASSNZ (0800-472 776) or email us at:

If you experience technical difficulties or need to quit out of the survey temporarily, we will email you the following day and provide a link to your uncompleted survey. You can then continue right where you left off.

With your parenting arrangements?
You can find help on the Ministry of Justice website.

With your family and/or personal situation?
Click here to see a list of support services and agencies.

Childrens Issues Centre The Law Foundation University of Otago Faculty of Law
Privacy policy // © 2019 PASSNZ